Vels University is a private university in India. It was established in 1992. It is located in Pallavaram. It is UGC approved. It is a member of AIU (Association Of Indian Universities). Vels University is Grade B accredited by NAAC. It is one of the deemed universities in India.
Vel’s University which is also formally known as Vel’s Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies is a private university that offers degree programmes at the various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels. These degree programmes are majorly offered in the field of engineering, technology, and sciences. Furthermore, the University also degree programems in computer sciences, business & management studies, medical & health sciences, hospitality, media & communication, law, teaching and education, and humanities & social sciences.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology (Mobile and Cloud Computing)
- Automobile Engineering
- Coastal and Ocean Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
The general eligibility criteria for admissions to the undergraduate engineering programs offered at Vel’s University states that the candidates need to complete their 10+2 with a minimum of 45-50 % marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized board.
For the candidates seeking admission to the postgraduate degree programmes will have to complete their graduation with a minimum of 50-60% marks from the recognized university.
The candidates planning to pursue engineering or science courses will also have to study physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects in +2 and graduation.
NOTE: It is always advisable for the candidates to have a thorough check of the eligibility criteria before filling in the applications.
Admissions to the courses offered against the vacant seats at Vel’s University are accepted on the basis of the candidate’s performance and scores in the Vel’s Entrance Test (VEE).
It is a university conducted entrance exam and it is also mandatory for the candidates to appear for the entrance exam in order to secure seats in their choice of course.
Prospectus and application forms for various courses can be obtained by paying the relevant fee at the office of the Registrar, Vels University or from the City Administrative Office (Nandanam). Application forms can also be downloaded from the university’s official website and submitted online. For all professional courses, admission is based on marks scored in the entrance examination and qualifying examination.
The admit cards for the eligible candidates will be made available online on the official website. The candidates will have to download and take a print of their to admit cards. They will also have to paste their recent passport size photograph on the admit card and carry the same to the test center. If the candidate fails to produce the admit card at the test center, they will not be allowed to write the exam.
Foreign / NRI Students seeking to study at Vels University are required to meet the eligibility and fulfill the admission procedures, complete relevant admission forms and also provide all necessary documents in addition to paying the Processing, Eligibility and Tuition Fees.
For admission to a specific program, the requirement of subjects studied will be the same for all the National / Foreign Students / NRI as mentioned in the Admission Prospectus.
Eligibility for Admission to Graduate Programs
- For any discipline, the applicant must have completed 12 years of formal schooling.
- Students meeting the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the admission prospectus would be considered for admission.
- Evidence of required academic performance must be in the form of certified English transcripts listing all the courses with grades or marks earned.
- Transcripts in languages other than English are not acceptable.
Eligibility for Admission to Post Graduate Programs:
- For any discipline, the applicant must have completed 12 years of formal education at the school level followed by a Bachelor\\\’s Degree of at least 3 years duration.
- Students meeting the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the Admission prospectus would be considered for admission.
- However, the admission to postgraduate courses is rather restricted and the applicant should have an excellent academic record to stand a fair chance for admission.
Procedure for Applying and seeking Equivalence Certificate
The admission application form of Foreign / NRI students must be attached with an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The students are also advised to send the following documents to the Association of Indian Universities for obtaining Equivalence Certificate:
- Degree / Certificate together with the year-wise Academic Transcript duly authenticated by the Indian Embassy in the Country or its concerned Foreign Mission in India.
- Accreditation status of the University/Institute which the student has last attended.
- Copies of the academic Certificates from Higher Secondary onwards (where necessary)
- The SERVICE CHARGE for the issue of Equivalence Certificate as applicable is payable through Demand Draft in favor of “Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi”.
- The onus of Certification for Equivalence from AIU is on the candidate and application will be considered only after the Equivalence Certificate is submitted.
Scheme 1: VEE Marks Obtained
- VEE score 90-100: 100% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
- VEE score 80-89.99: 75% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
- VEE score 70-79.99: 50% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
- VEE score 60-69.99: 30% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
- VEE score 50-59.99: 25% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
- VEE score 40-49.99: 20% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
- VEE score less than 40: 10% in the tuition fee for the 1st Year
Scheme 2: Marks in the 10+2
- 95% and above aggregate in PCM- 50% waiver in the tuition fee for 1st Year
- 90% – 94.99% aggregate in PCM- 40% waiver in the tuition fee for 1st Year
- 80% – 89.99% aggregate in PCM- 25% waiver in the tuition fee for 1st Year
- 70% – 79.99% aggregate in PCM- 10% waiver in the tuition fee for 1st Year
- 10% fee concession will be given for the first graduate in UG engineering courses for every year.
The college has good placement facilities for students. Companies like HCL, HP, and TCS recruit students in good numbers. They select students based on their skills and help them to bring out most of their talents. Companies this year were quite selective and hired students who can cope up with company requirements and help in the further development of the company.
The college has a good atmosphere for the students, and the labs are well-maintained. The faculty members are cooperative with students and help the students when required. They make sure that students achieve excellence in every subject and understand the concepts behind it.
Teachers are very helpful and quite knowledgeable about the subject they are teaching. They help in every aspect, thinking that helping students can better the future of students. The course is quite easier, and the teachers give assignments according to the understanding of students.
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Moot Court
- Music Room
- Shuttle Service
- Conference Rooms
- Seminar Halls
- Bank ATM
- Multimedia Studio
- Lecture Halls
- Promotes world-class research activities among students and research scholars through the Centre for Advanced Research and Development (CARD).
- VISTAS has an Internal Quality Assurance and Academic Audit (IQAAA) committee to undertake activities relating to quality assessment, assurance, and academic audit.
- Signed more than 25 MoUs with the reputed foreign universities and colleges such as Sheffield Hallam University, American Digital University, Troy University, etc.
- Promotes entrepreneurship skills through Vels Business incubation center which focuses on IP rights and licensing technology scouting, and engineering consulting.
- Member of the International Association of Universities, and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Velan Nagar, P.V. Vaithiyalingam Road, Pallavaram, Chennai.