Velammal Engineering College is a private engineering college in India. It was established in 1995. It is located in Chennai. It is UGC approved. Vels University is Grade A accredited by NAAC. It is affiliated to Anna University.
Velammal Engineering College is a private engineering institution which is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The college offers degree programs majorly in the field of engineering and technology. The undergraduate programs offered in engineering are available in various disciplines which includes Computer Science Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Electrical And Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, And Instrumentation Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Automobile Engineering.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
To be eligible for admissions to UG programs at Velammal Engineering College, candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST candidates).
Admissions for the B.E. programs are based on TNEA counseling ranks and for M.E./MBA, TANCET scores are taken into consideration.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions(TNEA) is a single window process and admissions in Tamil Nadu engineering colleges are governed by Anna University every year for admission to undergraduate level engineering courses available at various engineering colleges of the state.
TNEA 2019 Admission Process
Candidates can apply for admissions through TNEA through the below-mentioned modes:
In person: Through 50 TNEA admission centers.
Postal: Only from Anna University, the Centre for Entrance Examinations and Admissions
Internet: Though Anna University official website.
TNEA 2019 Selection Process
After normalizing marks scored by candidates (across all boards), the final merit list followed by TNEA rank list is prepared on the following factors:
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in Chemistry
- Percentage of marks in the 4th optional subject
- Date of Birth (elder candidates are given preference)
The application process for admissions to UG and PG programs at Velammal Engineering College include:
- The filling of the application form.
- Uploading the signature and photograph.
- Final submission of the duly filled application form along with the application fee
There are above 80% of students were placed in placements. Top companies also approach this college. The companies like CTS, TCS, Wipro will offer more than three hundred offers for the students in the whole college. The highest package offered in core companies is 12 Lacs per annum.
Wi-Fi with restricted access is provided in some instances, usage of cell phones is prohibited inside the campus. Labs are well maintained. The classrooms are also maintained well. The library is present and contains all technical journals, books but no literary resources. The medical facilities are provided, and the worst maintenance of sports ground. Quality of food is the worst. Canteen facilities are also the worst.
We get less industry exposure. Too much partiality is observed. The teachers are good in their own domain but not in the social behavior of the current generation. The course curriculum is effectively good in papers but not delivered for application purpose. Syllabus completion and conducting the test is given more importance than teaching.
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Wi-Fi Campus
- VEC has signed/renewed MOU with many Corporates few of them are TCS Sangam Academic Interface Program, Infosys – Campus Connect, ERICSSON –Excel certification program.
- Industry Institute Partnership Cell has been set up for Industry Institute Interface funded by AICTE to the tune of 15 Lakhs.
- VEC signed an MOU with Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) to create a Centre of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in Pervasive Computing Technologies.
- TCS has ranked VEC as one among the top three colleges in terms of performance of students.
- Funding projects are sponsored by AICTE, DRDO, CSIR, TIFAC & TAMIL VIRTUAL UNIVERSITY.
- Organizes about 35 national, international conferences and seminar in a year.
Velammal Nagar, Ambattur-Red Hills Road, Chennai.