Vasavi College of Engineering is a private university in India. It was established in 1981. It is located in Hyderabad. It is UGC approved. It ranked 40 for Engineering by Times 2018. It is affiliated to OU – Osmania University.
Vasavi College of Engineering abbreviated as VCE is a private engineering college which is affiliated to Osmania University. The college offers degree programmes majorly in the field of engineering and technology. The undergraduate degree programmes are offered in various disciplines which include civil engineering, computer science engineering, electronics and communication engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, and information technology engineering.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Have a look at the general eligibility criteria as stated by the admissions counsel for admission into the 4 years BE degree programmes at VCE.
- The candidate must possess a minimum qualification 10 + 2 (Intermediate) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (MPC) as optional subjects
- Candidates belonging to OC and BC must have secured 50% aggregate in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) level and 45% in optional subjects (MPC)
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category, Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe must have secured 45% aggregate and 40% in optional subjects (MPC).
- Candidate should also have qualified in Engineering and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) conducted by Government of Telangana.
- The candidate must fulfill the criteria of Local /Non-local as per the Presidential order of 1963. To be recognized as local, the candidate must have studied for four Consecutive years in the state of Telangana from the Preceding academic year.
Following is the Eligibility Criteria for seeking admission into Bachelor of Engineering for all courses through Lateral Entry (ECET)
- The candidate must possess a minimum qualification of 10 + 3 (Three years in polytechnic diploma course with relevant group.
- Candidates belonging to OC and BC must have secured 50% aggregate.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category (Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe) must have secured 45% aggregate
- Candidate should also have qualified in Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET) conducted by the Government of Telangana.
- The candidate must fulfill the criteria of Local /Non-local as per the Presidential order of 1963. To be recognized as local, the candidate must have studied for five consecutive years in the state of Telangana from the Preceding academic year.
The admission to the BE course is through a State-Level Entrance Test called “Engineering, Agricultural Sciences and Medical Common Entrance Test” (TS EAMCET), conducted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
70% of the seats under are filled by the Convener of EAMCET based on the rank secured in EAMCET and as per the rules of reservation in force.
30% of the seats under are filled by the Management based on the guidelines issued by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh from time to time.
The admissions to the 4 year BTech programmes are offered on the basis of EAMCET and governed by JNTU-H. The application process for EAMCET usually begins in the month of February and the exam is conducted in the month of April. After the successful conduct of the exams, the results are announced in the month of May and the counseling process for the document verification and allotment of seats usually begins in the month of June. The admission cycle ends with the commencement of the academic session in the month of August.
Following are the steps to fill the EAMCET online application form Andhra Pradesh/Telangana state and make the fee payment as prescribes by the college. These simple steps will help the candidates and guide them throughout the application process.
Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website of EAMCET.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link available on the website homepage.
Step 3: As they click, a web page with Registration Fee payment Procedure will appear on the screen.
Step 4: There are two modes of fee payment available along with their respective procedures. The two modes are payment through online and through Debit/Credit Card. Candidates have to choose the mode of payment that is convenient for them.
Step 5: On selecting registration fee payment via Online, opt for the nearest online center.
This year, the highest package is 39 Lacs per annum offered by ADOBE. Comparing to any other private engineering college in both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, our college is well known for its consistent packages and placements. The average percent is around 98% in CSE.
Placements are good for CSE and it, but a very few core companies visit the campus, but every one can easily get a job in service-based companies irrespective of their branch. Min package is around 3-4 Lacs whereas maximum can go up to 20 Lacs. Core companies like Mahindra, Hyundai in mechanical and adobe, Microsoft, Deloitte visit the campus.
Excellent with well-established labs and workshops. The library is also very good with a lot of books and journals to read. It all depends on your interest and zeal that how much do you want to learn in the college. Excellent infrastructure with supporting staff members.
Faculty is very good and friendly, with full of knowledge. But it all depend on your enthusiasm and interest to learn from them. They are always ready to solve problems any time and everywhere. Curriculum is also vey good. It is completely revised as per the norms of AICTE.
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Wi-Fi Campus
- The college has been placed in the rank band of 151-200 by NIRF In 2018 and ranked 2nd among “Top 25 private engineering institutes Rankings 2018 – by Telangana” (Times Engineering Ranking).
- Recognized as “Best Engineering College of A.P. & T.S.” by Indian Society for Technical Education, for the year 2016 and won National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) e-Week Championship Award in 2016.
- MoUs with Pega Systems, TASK (Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge), CSC, CA, EMC2, Infosys, Navaratan, Merxius for training students on Pega and SAP respectively to improved employability.
- Seminars, Webinars and Guest-Lectures are also organized from time to time to update faculty and students with the latest Technology.
9-5-81, Ibrahim Bagh Rd, Ibrahim Bagh