PES University is a private university in India. It was established in 1972. Therefore, it is one of the oldest universities in India. It is located in Banashankari, Bangalore. It is UGC approved. Also, PES University is a member of the Association Of Indian Universities (AIU).
PES University, Bangalore, offers multiple courses at Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Doctorate levels in various streams like Engineering, Management, Computer Science, Architecture, Design, Law, etc.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
The ME/M TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- VLSI Design and Embedded System
- Information Security
- Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical System
- Mechanical Engineering
- Intelligence Systems
- Software Engineering
- Cloud Computing and Big Data
- Signal Processing
- Machine Design
- Manufacturing Science and Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Cyber Informatics
- Thermo Fluids Engineering
- Digital Electronics and Communication System
- Smart Power Controls
- Microelectronics and Computer Systems
The minimum eligibility to apply for UG courses at PES University is at least 60% marks in class XII from a recognized board/university. For PG courses the minimum cutoff to apply is 50% in Graduate from a recognized university. For some courses, there’s no minimum cutoff. For course specific eligibility, the candidates are advised to refer to the university prospectus.
Admission to PES University is done through common entrance test PESSAT. This test is conducted for each course. However, those who have scores of a national level entrance exam in their concerned stream can also apply.
To apply for any course at PES University, the aspirants will have to create a login ID by registering on the official website as a new user. On successful registration, the candidates will be provided with login ID and password which they can use for all purposes, including uploading a photo, updating application fee payment details, etc.
The Payment of application fee/entrance exam fee of Rs 1050 can be done online through credit/debit card or net banking. Bank challans and Demand Drafts are also accepted.
For payment by bank challan, the candidate has to take printouts of both the application form and bank challan available on the PES University website and take it to the nearest bank to pay the fee. The application form and challan stamped by the bank will have to be then submitted to the university.
For payment by Demand Draft, the candidate will have to make a DD in favour of PES University General Fund payable at Bangalore. The duly filled application form and DD/Bank Challan should be posted at the official address.
Admit cards will be issued to the students a few days prior to the PESSAT entrance exam. Registered candidates can download their admit cards from the official website by entering login ID and password.
The placements have been good so far. Most of the well known MNCs like Microsoft, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, etc., visited the campus. This year, two students got placed with a package of Rs. 52 LPA in Microsoft. CSE placements have been good so far with 145 students from CSE getting placed in tier-1 colleges out of 300. ECE placements were okay. Around 28 students got placed in tier-1 colleges and around 75 in tier-2 out of 200. The highest placement package offered was Rs. 32 LPA for ECE students.
PES campus is pretty small, and things seem to be very congested. There are narrow roads and tall buildings. There is a lack of a sports ground. Inside the campus, there is one cricket ground and one basketball and football ground. The football ground is like one-fourth or even smaller than that of the necessary ground size.
There is no proper Wi-Fi connectivity inside the campus. At some places, you’ll get a good Wi-Fi network, and in some places, it’ll be zero. Inside the hostel, you get zero Wi-Fi networks. The Wi-Fi facility is like one of the worst here. Downloading speed will never get over 200KBps. You’re not allowed to surf even youtube, facebook, etc. You can open only a few websites and that too can be done with your phone network.
They offer a lot of courses here like B.Tech, M.Tech, BBA, HM, etc. The syllabi of the courses are updated. They teach you topics like machine learning, data science and other important topics related to CSE students. Some of the teachers are really good, but some are very bad. For a moment you’ll think from where and how they came to this college to teach the subject. The quality of knowledge is pretty average. They can never give you a chance to think outside the box. There is a mandatory 85% attendance required in all the subjects you’re studying. Otherwise, they won’t allow you to sit in the exam.
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- Moot Court
- Conference Hall
- Seminar Hall
- University conducts various Seminars, Research Programs, Workshops, Guest lectures, National and International Conferences on various topics for the students.
- The joy of Engineering Design and Innovation(JEDI) is a course exclusively offered to the First year student to rekindle the joy of engineering through innovative means.
- Huawei Technologies India, the Indian R&D Center of Huawei has signed an MoU with PES University to provide Huawei Scholarships for Excellence to students of the Engineering College.
- University has signed MoU with National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore for access of intellectual resources.
- University is ranked 1st in Karnataka by DataQuest.
- PES University is placed 7th on the list of India’s most trusted Educational Institutes by TRA.
100 Feet Ring Road, Banashankari III Stage, Bangalore.