National Institute of Technology Warangal (Popularly known as NIT Warangal) is one of the top 10 NIT Colleges. As a result, it is even better than various IIT Colleges of India. It is one of the oldest and top NIT Colleges of India. In addition, it is located in Telangana and established in 1959. This is a government college. National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal offers degree and integrated degree programmes at the Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Doctorate(Ph.D.) level.’
The undergraduate degree programmes (BE/B.TECH) offered:
- Bio-Technology Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
To get admission in NIT you must fulfill the eligibility criteria of JoSAA. In addition, it includes aspects like the candidate’s DOB, year of appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE), number of subjects in QE, number of attempts, etc.
The admission process of NIT Warangal is same as other NITs. You can get admission in the following ways. For admission in any NIT, you must have a good score in JEE MAIN exam. In addition, you should score at least 75% marks. Then there are chances that you will get admission.
For getting admission in NIT Warangal, you have to fill counseling form conducted by JoSAA. Fill your counseling form until spot round counseling.
Placements for the students of our batch are awesome. Almost 75% to 80% of the students were placed. The highest package offered for the students of metallurgy and materials engineering was 23 LPA. In addition, the average package offered is approximately 7.41 LPA. The lowest salary package offered is around 3.60 LPA.
Overall, The highest salary offered was 39.5 LPA. Companies like Reliance Industries, Balco, Avathi Fellows, Altitude, Bank Of American, Oracle, Fiitjee, etc. visit our campus for placements. NIT Warangal has provided good internship opportunities, and it is very helpful. Almost 150 companies including Microsoft, Infosys, Facebook, Tata Motors, and some coaching centers visited this year for placements.
The infrastructure of the campus is good. Hostels have their own LAN but no Wi-Fi. Classrooms and labs are in good condition. Medical facilities are always provided to students easily. An inter-NIT competition is held every year. Each hostel of a particular batch has its own food canteen, and somehow, it is good. Hostel rooms are in good condition. In addition, there are all facilities available like lifts, etc.
Some of the teachers are good and well qualified. They always give us pleasure. Some of the teachers have a very good teaching quality. In addition, they explain the concepts by teaching through projectors and green boards. But, most of them don’t provide elaborated detail of any chapter. The course curriculum was very helpful.
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Music Room
- Dance Room
- Convenience Store
- Conference Hall
- Innovation and Incubation Center
- NIT Warangal has signed MOU’s with Central Power Research Institute, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, CNR and many more.
- The Institute provides Siemens Scholarship Program to financially assist the students.
- Various other Scholarships are offered to Backward Sections of the society.
- Forum for International Student Affairs has been set up to cater, various academic and other needs of foreign students.
- Rashtriya Aavishkar Abhiyan, an MHRD Initiative is monitored by NIT Warangal.
- Ranked 25 for Engineering by NIRF 2018.
- It is one of the 31 NIT colleges.
NIT Warangal, Warangal ( Telangana).