Lakshmi Narain College of Technology is a number one private engineering college located in Bhopal, MP. It is approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and accredited by NBA, Delhi. It was established in 1993. In addition, it is accredited Grade B by NAAC. Also, it ranked 74 for Private Engineering by Outlook 2018. It ranked 66 for Private Engineering by The Week 2018.
The BE/B-TECH Courses Offered are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Candidates must have passing marks from a recognized board.
- You must have above 50% in class 12th.
- You must have at least 100 marks in JEE MAINS for computer science branch.
LNCT takes admission in many ways:
- Through MP counseling: Candidates have to fill the MP counseling form for their stream.
- Direct Admission: You can take admission on the basis of your jee main marks.
More than 500 companies have visited the campus for placements. The highest package offered in 2018 was 8 lacs per annum. Companies like Wipro, Infosys, etc. have hired a bulk number of students. These hired students were not only from LNCT but also from LNCTS and LNCT-E. Not only B.Tech students but also MCA MBA, and M.Tech students got placements.
If you are from IT or CSE branch, the placement scenario is quite good. Students with good communicational skill are easily placed. In this session, VMWare visited the campus for placements and offered the highest salary package of 18 LPA. Other IT companies like TCS, Cognizant and Wipro always visit the campus to recruit students. In this session, almost 72 out of 120 students got placed from IT branch in Persistent with the highest salary package of 9 LPA, whereas the salary package of 18 LPA was grabbed by 4 CSE students. The average salary package offered was 3 LPA. Even the package of 1.2 LPA was also offered to students.
The infrastructure of LNCT is good. The best thing is that the campus is lush green. There is no Wi-Fi facility on the campus for students. Labs have internet facilities with good speed, but at times, some systems won’t work properly. Classrooms are good with windows and fans. There is no A/C facility, but you can easily sit and attend lectures.
The canteen is the best part as you can sit there during lunch hours. You can eat whatever you brought or can buy from the canteen. But, the food available in the canteen is just above average, and not quite tasty. Quality of food served is average, and you can’t survive with that food. Connectivity is not good enough at night.. Hostel rooms are spacious enough.
Faculty members in the college are good. They do whatever they can, to do their duty and teach us. It depends on us to concentrate on what they are teaching. LNCT follows the course curriculum of RGPV, and it is average. However, it’s now based on AICTE, but the lack of practical subjects and knowledge is a big drawback of RGPV.
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- It ranked 74 for Private Engineering by Outlook 2018.
- Also, ranked 66 for Private Engineering by The Week 2018.
- Ranked No.1 for Highest Campus Placements in the state with more than 1300 offers by leading MNCs and core companies.
- 1st in M.P. rated A Category by the High Court committee for fixation of fee.
- Various Industrial Training and Visits, Counseling, Expert Lectures, and Alumni Interaction, Industry Institute Tie-Ups, etc conducted.
- 1st Self Financed Institute of M.P. started in 1993-94.
- LNCT has signed MOU with Ericsson India Pvt.Ltd, Oracle under WDP, TCS.
LNCT Campus, Kalchuri Nagar, Raisen Road, Bhopal.