JP University (Jai Prakash Vishwavidyala) is a government university in India. It was established in 1990. Therefore, it is one of the oldest government engineering universities in India. It is UGC approved. Also, it comes under the state university. JP University is a member of Association Of Indian Universities.
Jai Prakash University was established on November 22, 1990, by the enactment of Section 3(b) of Bihar State Universities Act, 1976 with its Head Quarters at Chapra. The university is recognized by the UGC as a state university and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
The students of Dalit & underprivileged communities are encouraged to achieve education under Distance Education Programs of this University
Jai Prakash University offers Intermediate courses, 3 years degree programs, 3 years programs in Law, Post-Graduate programs in Law, Distance Education Programs, Vocational Courses, and Proposed vocational degree courses.
Haven’t Searched For This University: Check List Below
- Jaypee University, Anoopshahar
- Jaypee University of Information Technology
- Jaypee University of Engineering And Technology
The Bachelors Of Technology (B TECH/BE) courses offered by Siwan Engineering and Technical Institute (SETI):
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Admissions to UG Courses are offered to the candidates having passed 10+2 with minimum 45% marks in aggregate.
- LLB Course is offered to the candidates having passed Graduation with at least 45% marks.
- Admissions to UG courses are Merit and Counselling based.
- LLB admissions are based on scores obtained in the Entrance Exam conducted by the University.
- JP University PG Admissions are open for candidates having passed Graduation with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Admissions to all the PG courses are Merit Based.
- The application process for admissions to JP University is completely held online.
Three-Year Degree Programs are offered in the disciplines of Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, and Commerce. The admission in the corresponding courses is open to those candidates only who have successfully cleared the Intermediate level examination. It is mandatory to clear the intermediate level exam with a score of at least 45 % in the related subjects to take admission in Honors level.
Three-Year Programs in Law (LLB): Minimum eligibility criteria for admission in LL.B. Part I program is, to have a graduation degree in any discipline with at least 40% of marks.
University offers BCA, BBA, BJMC, B. Lib. In Information Science, BA, B.Com, B.Sc., MA, M.Com, and M.Sc. For details about Jai Prakash University B.Ed Admission 2019 Click Here
Jai Prakash University Eligibility Criteria for Under Graduate Courses:
|B.A.||Humanities, Functional Hindi, Industrial Fish & Fisheries||It is mandatory to clear the intermediate level exam with a score of at least 45 % in the related subjects to take admission in Honors level.||Admissions are done on the basis of marks in the qualifying degree. The final decision will be made by the academic council of University only.|
|B.Sc.||Bio-Technology, Environmental Science, Industrial Microbiology||It is mandatory to clear 10+2 exam with a score of at least 45 % in the related subjects.|
|LLB||Law||The basic eligibility criteria for L.L.B. admission is graduation. Min. 45% marks in graduation are required for general category and 40% for reserved categories.||Admissions are done either on the basis of marks in qualifying degree or through some entrance test. Students who are in the final year of their graduation degree can also apply for entrance tests conducted for LLB admissions.|
|BCA||Computer Application||It is mandatory to clear 10+2 exam with a score of at least 45 % in the related subjects.||Admissions are done on the basis of marks in the qualifying degree. The final decision will be made by the academic council of University only.|
|BJMC||Journalism & Mass Communication||Graduation or Equivalent|
|B. Li. Inf. Sc. (Bachelor of Library Information Science)||Information Science||It is mandatory to clear 10+2 exam with a score of at least 45 % in the related subjects.|
- University offers graduate programs in Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, and Commerce.
- University also offers distance education courses to fulfill its mission to provide education to all.
- Various scholarships are provided for reserved category and physically disabled students.
- Final Admissions are purely based on counseling and merit-based.
Jai Prakash University PG Admission 2019
JP University PG Admissions are offered in the following subjects: Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Commerce with various specializations as Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Urdu, Philosophy, Political Science, Economics, History, Psychology, Geography, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and commerce.
The candidates are allowed to fill the application form by online mode only there is no other format to apply for any course. The candidates those are interested and eligible for admission in UG or PG courses has to go online and fill the application form along with the application fee according to the course.
Jai Prakash University Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Courses
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|M.A.||Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology||At least 50% marks in B.A. (Hons) in aggregate or graduation with 60% marks in Relevant subject.||Selection is based on merit or marks scored in graduation only. Merit list will be prepared by the academic council of University.|
|M.Sc.||Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology, Physics||Graduation in any discipline with Mathematics and English as the main subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.||Selection criteria are purely based on marks scored in graduation.|
|M.Com.||Commerce||Graduation or B.Com with 50% marks or equivalent.||Selection criteria are purely based on marks scored in graduation.|
Key points regarding admission:
- JP University offers 2 years of PG courses in MA, M.Com, and M.Sc. with various specializations.
- The academic council of Jai Prakash Vishwavidyalaya (University) decides, designs and simulates the academic activities of the university.
- Final Admissions are purely based on merit.
- Reserved candidates will get relaxation as per University norms.
JP University Application Process
The application form for all the courses offered by Jai Prakash University can be downloaded from the official website of the university. After application download, the candidates have to fill the application form and submit the same to the university address along with the desired documents.
Documents required to be enclosed with the application form:
- 10th and 12th marks sheet
- Valid scorecard of entrance exam (whatever applicable)
- Aadhaar card
- Recent colored passport size Photograph
- Personal, academic and address details.
- Debit/Credit card or payment details
- Passing certificate of the qualifying exam
- Transfer Certificate, if applicable
- Other documents as per university requirements
Placements in this college are very bad. Though reputed organizations like SAIL, BHEML, etc., visit the campus for placements. The highest salary package offered was 2 lacs per annum with all dearness allowances. Various profiles are offered to students, mostly in accounts and management. The stipend offered during internships was Rs. 10,000.
There are very good classroom and sports field. Also, there is proper practice lab available for the practice. Transport facility is available with a nominal charge. There is a conference room with technical ads. The culture infrastructure of Jai Prakash Vishwavidyalaya is also very good.
They are very qualified teachers and professionals. Some of the teachers are very qualified, and also they knew many languages and cultures. There is a lot of teacher from other states and other cultures. They do manage all the types of students here.
- Sports Complex
- The N.S.S. team of Jai Prakash University has established a glorious reputation of achievement by receiving government awards like Indira Gandhi N.S.S. Award and National Youth Award.
- The university also offers distance education programs to encourage the students of Dalit and underprivileged communities to get educated.
- The university department has organized several national seminars, workshops and participated in various conferences.