Jamia Millia Islamia is a top engineering college of Delhi and it’s ranking in India is also best. It is a government college which was established in 1920. Therefore, it is one of the oldest colleges in India. Jamia Millia Islamia comes under the central university. Along with these, it is UGC approved. In addition, JMI is more valuable and prestigious than several NITs and IITs. JMI is a member of AIU (Association Of Indian Universities). Above all, it is accredited Grade A by NAAC.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University offers degree, diploma and certificate programmes to aspirants at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctorate (Ph.D.) level. Programmes offered at JMI University are in streams including – Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Hospitality & Travel, Animation, Mass Communication, Humanities & Social Sciences, Commerce as well as Teaching & Education.
The BE/B TECH Courses Offered are:
- Computer Engineering (B Tech)
- Computer Engineering (BE)
- Civil Engineering (B Tech)
- Mechanical Engineering (B Tech)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (B Tech)
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering (BE)
- Mechanical Engineering (BE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (BE)
- Electrical Engineering (BE)
Aspirants meet JMI University eligibility criteria for admission in UG programmes. If they possess a Senior Secondary School Certificate. Or they have cleared an equivalent examination from a recognized board with minimum 45% marks in aggregate or at least 50% marks in the subject concerned. However, for some UG courses, the minimum aggregate marks that candidates need to possess is 50%.
Eligibility criteria that aspirants need to fulfill to secure admission in PG programmes offered at JMI states that candidates should have secured their bachelor’s degree from a recognized college/university with at least 45% marks in aggregate or a minimum of 50% in the subject concerned. However, for M.F.A. courses the eligibility criteria are such that candidates can take part in the admission process if they have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks.
JMI University conducts entrance examinations to offer admission to aspirants in all the courses offered by it. Candidates need to appear for Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam (JMI Entrance Exam ) in order to secure admission in courses such as – MA Mass Communication, PG Diploma Courses, BA LLB (Hons), BBA, BCom (Hons), BE (Evening), Diploma Courses, BEd, BEd Special Education, BEd Nursery Education, BFA, BHM, Bachelor of Tourism & Travel Management, BPT, BSc, DEIEd, LLM, MA Visual Effects & Animation, MA, Advanced Diploma Courses, M-Arch, MEkistics, Master in Tourism & Travel Management, MBA, Executive MBA, MCA, MCom Business Management, MEd, MEd Special Education, MFA, MPT, Msc and MTech.
Duration of entrance exams conducted for JMI admissions is different for different courses. The time duration of JMI entrance exams ranges from one and a half hour to three hours (depending on the course for which aspirants have applied for admission). Go through complete details of JMI Entrance Exam here.
Admission process for the majority of the courses offered at Jamia Millia Islamia is such that aspirants need to first clear the written admission test and thereafter appear for an interview round/group discussion round.
The exception to this rule being JMI admissions for BTech, BArch, MBBS and BDS courses. Jamia Millia Islamia University accepts scores of JEE (Main) examination conducted by CBSE for admission in BTech as well as BArch programme admissions. On the other hand, for MBBS and BDS course admissions JMI accepts NEET scores.
The placements are good in all the courses, although there is no role of placement in architecture. Jamia provides the best internship to its students. Jamia is at 6th position among the best colleges of architecture in India. It also provides internship within the college to the students who are looking for the teaching field. I think everything is very good in its own way here.
Everything is good. It is number 1 in infrastructure among all the architecture colleges in India. The greenery on the campus makes you feel that it doesn’t belong to Delhi. A lot of attention is paid on the sections of a building, like a computer lab, studios, etc.
The teachers are well qualified, very helpful and knowledgeable. Everything here is absolutely nice. A lot of attention is paid to the regularity of teachers, so there are almost no free classes. The exam system is annually based, and the sessional test is also conducted.
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Post Office
- National and International collaboration with more than 20 reputed universities and Institutions.
- Ranked at 13th among the 24 Indian universities that have featured in the QS Ranking 2019, JMI has been placed above Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) and Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
- JMI in April 2018 signed (MoU) with the Indian Coast Guard, Ministry of Defence, Government of India for vertical/ academic mobility of personnel and officers of the Indian Coast Guard.
- JMI’s Residential Coaching Academy (RCA) provides free coaching programmes for Minorities, SCs, STs and Women aspirants for civil services examination, this facility has been offered by the UGC.
- The university has the Central Instrumentation Facility.
- JMI’s Social Work Department students visited the University of Applied Sciences, Erfurt, Germany under the student-exchange programme in May 2018.
- The university provides access to National and International e-libraries and e-resources.
Maulana Mohammad Jauhar Ali Marg, Jamia Nagar, Delhi.