Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee ( IIT Roorkee ) is a government college. Since it was established in 1847 in British India. It is the oldest technical institution not only in India but in Asia by the government of India. It ranked 6 for Engineering by NIRF 2019. IIT Roorkee is a public engineering university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. It was formerly known by the University of Roorkee.
It is an autonomous institute. Also, it comes under the Institute of national importance. It was given university status in 1949 and was converted into an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001, thus becoming the seventh IIT to be declared. IIT Roorkee is one of the renowned colleges in India. It is one of the top IIT’s which takes cream students and produce better engineers who are serving as CEO of various MNC’s.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Polymer Science and Technology
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
To be eligible for admissions to IIT Roorkee’s BTech programmes, candidates must comply with the eligibility criteria for JEE Main and JEE Advanced which includes various criterions like the candidate’s performance in JEE Main, age limit, number of attempts, appearance in Class XII.
Placements are excellent for the students of mathematics and computer science departments. Students of ECE and EE departments are also placed. There is an excellent scope for civil service examination. The highest salary package offered is around Rs.1 crore by Microsoft, Redmond. It was offered to the students of the CSE department. Companies like Adobe, Google, Microsoft, banking and finance companies also visited our college for placements drive.
The infrastructure is the best part of the campus. Wi-Fi access is available everywhere on the campus. Quality of labs is one of the best. The best part is, everything is available at a very low cost. Excellent sports facilities are available in all hostels.
The college has a central library, 24*7 medical facilities, separate sports ground for each sport, and an Olympic size swimming pool. AC classrooms are available with a capacity of 200 students. Some hostels are old, but some are new. The campus has a Wi-fi facility.
The teachers of the University Of Roorkee are one of the best in the country. Most of them are overqualified and have great knowledge. We also go on industrial trips to get good exposure. Students visit various manufacturing and thermal plants for better understanding. The course curriculum is not the best, but it is far better than other Indian universities.
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Computer Center
- Conference Rooms
- Seminar Halls
- Railway Reservation Counter
- Student Activity Centre
- Banking and ATM Facility
- Post Office Facility
- It ranked 6 for Engineering by NIRF 2019.
- It ranked 6 for Engineering by NIRF 2018.
- IIT Roorkee has received maximum offers from Microsoft with 22 offers including 3 international offers and 9 PPOs, taking the maximum 31 offers.
- Ninety percent of undergraduate students at IIT-Roorkee received campus placement offers this year from globally renowned companies, with the highest international placement offer standing at Rs 73 lakh.
- It ranked 5 for Engineering by India Today 2018.
- Also, it ranked 6 for Engineering by The Week 2018.