IIT Madras is one of the oldest government engineering colleges in India. Recently, it ranked 1 for Engineering by NIRF 2019. It is an autonomous institute. It was established in 1959. Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public engineering institute located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. IIT Madras is one of the renowned colleges in India. It is one of the 16 IIT’s which takes cream students and produce better engineering who is serving as CEO of various MNC’s.
Sometimes ranking might fluctuate due to highest package or number of placements. To provide education and research facilities in engineering and technology. The faculty of the Institute have distinguished themselves through awards for academic activity from national as well as international organizations.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Besides the above, IIT Madras also offers Post Graduate Diploma(PGD) programme in Metro Rail Technology and Management for interested students.
To be eligible for admissions to IIT Madras’s BTech programmes, candidates must comply with the eligibility criteria for JEE Main and JEE Advanced which includes various criterions like the candidate’s performance in JEE Main, age limit, number of attempts, appearance in Class XII.
Generally, the placements are very good, especially for electrical engineering. This year almost all electrical engineering students in B.Tech and dual degree got placed in the first two days. Placement packages were between 10 LPA and 40 LPA. Internships are heavily dependent on the branch. All CS students usually get an internship whereas about 75% of electrical students get it and so on. There is a placement cell assisted by a student body called the placement team headed by an elected representative. This framework is very student friendly.
The campus is situated in a forest like atmosphere with very rich fauna and flora. Labs, library and sports facilities are state of the art. Classes in a few departments could use some renovation works. There is an institute hospital and, three ambulances. Every student is also insured in case of any emergencies. Finally, the mess food is healthy but can get very monotonous. Also, there are about 9 messes for boys.
The faculty are very highly qualified, and they are also very interested in teaching and mentoring students. The student to faculty ratio depends on the course. For an introductory course, it could be as high as 1 faculty for a hundred students. Starting with the 2015 batch, the curriculum was changed to make it very flexible for students. At every stage, efforts are made to ensure students are learning the necessary skills to be very good engineers.
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Dance Room
- Convenience Store
- Air-conditioned Conference Halls
- Open-air Theater
- Research Park
- Students Facilities Centre
- Post Office Facility
- Banks with ATM facility
- Computer Centre
- Central Lecture Theatre
- It Ranked 1 for Engineering by NIRF 2019.
- IIT-Madras launched a startup to prepare the workforce for the advent of Artificial Intelligence (AI) age by training students at nominal costs.
- IIT-Madras has partnered with Nokia Networks to create technology solutions and under the partnership, Nokia will fund and provide technological expertise for research at IIT Madras.
- Industry body Nasscom has collaborated with the IIT-Madras for its FutureSkills Platform that is targeted at re-skilling/upskilling four million people on digital skills.
- Ranked 4 for Engineering by The Week 2018.
- It ranked 1 for Engineering by NIRF 2018.
Indian Institute Of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036.
2468total visits,4visits today