IIT Kharagpur is one of the oldest government engineering colleges in India. Recently, it ranked 4th for engineering by NIRF 2019. It is an autonomous institute. It was established in 1951. IIT Kharagpur is one of the renowned colleges in India. It is one of the 16 IIT’s which takes cream students and produce better engineering who is serving as CEO of various MNC’s.
Sometimes ranking might fluctuate due to highest package or number of placements. To provide education and research facilities in engineering and technology. The faculty of the Institute have distinguished themselves through awards for academic activity from national as well as international organizations.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
- Agricultural and Food Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Manufacturing Science and Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Energy Engineering
To be eligible for admissions to IIT Kharagpur’s BTech programmes, candidates must comply with the eligibility criteria for JEE Main and JEE Advanced which includes various criterions like the candidate’s performance in JEE Main, age limit, number of attempts, appearance in Class XII.
The placements are good at IIT, Kharagpur. Being one of the finest institutions, it provides placements to all the students on the campus. Companies like Microsoft, Apple, and Google visited the campus for placements. Students may opt for core and non-core jobs as both have a very great scope in IIT, Kharagpur. The number of placements is the largest among all other IIT’s. The highest package of 2017-2018 was approximately 1 crore. The average package was around 13 LPA.
IIT Kharagpur has a whopping spread of 2200 acres. It has India’s the largest Classroom complex named as Nalanda complex. All classrooms have ACs and projectors. The roads are also extremely smooth inside the campus. The campus has huge greenery. Overall, the infrastructure is quite impressive.
The institute, being in the top 3 institutes of the country, consists of the best faculty who are experts in their fields, and they are helpful in every way possible. You may get a chance to work with the professors in their research project. Well-experienced professors clear our concepts in every field.
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Dance Room
- Convenience Store
- Counselling Centre
- Bank and ATM
- It Ranked 4th for Engineering by NIRF 2019.
- IIT Kharagpur bags highest laurels in GYTI (Gandhian Young Technology Innovation) 2016.
- IIT KGP makes it to URAP List of Top 500 World Institutes.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is Indias highest-ranked institution for nurturing graduate employability, features in the Top 100 QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2016-17.
- Ranked 4 for Engineering by NIRF 2018.
- Ranked 3 for Engineering by Outlook 2018.
- It ranked 3 for Engineering by The Week 2018.
- It ranked 2 for Engineering by India Today 2018.
- Also, it ranked 1 for Engineering by Times 2018.