India Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT Hyderabad) is one of the oldest IIITs. It is an autonomous university founded in the year 1998. The institute has now been conferred as the Deemed University by the government of India.IIIT Hyderabad offers degree programmes to aspirants at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctorate (Ph.D.) level. Programmes offered at this institute are in streams including Engineering and Information & Technology.
The undergraduate degree programmes (BE/B.TECH) offered:
The programme offers specialization in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE).
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
For UG courses, a candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry from a recognized board. In addition, the candidate must have KVPY, NTS or equivalent (e.g., JBSTS), Olympiad awards to be eligible for admission without having appeared for JEE Main.
For Masters and doctorate programmes, a candidate should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the relevant branch from a recognized university. For M.Phil programmes, a candidate should have a Master’s degree in the relevant branch from a recognized university
You can take admission in Undergraduate courses offered by IIIT Hyderabad in the following ways:
- The students must have a good score in JEE Main.
- In case a candidate has not appeared for JEE exam then their admission will be on the basis of Olympiads.
- Also, you can take admission through UGEE conducted by the college itself.
The placements of this college are the prime reason it is becoming more and more popular in recent times. Over the past years, median salary has been consistently over 15-18 lacs. In addition to that top salaries abroad go in the range 150,000 US dollars. Almost all top companies namely Uber, Apple, Microsoft, Qualcomm, etc. come for the placements.
IIIT has a good average package for its CSE students, considering it is only a few years old colleges. The placements start in December itself. And this year, Apple has also chosen IIIT, Hyderabad for campus recruitments. It is the only college in which they are conducting campus recruitment. Till now every year 100% of students are placed.
Infrastructure here is pretty much decent. The campus is clean, well maintained, and very green. We have a good library and 4 messes. There are clean classrooms. We also have a tennis court, basketball court, football ground (no grass though) and a small gym, don’t keep high expectations with that. We have workplaces, where you can sit and do your assignments and other stuff. They don’t allow laptops in the first semester. So you’ll be using it a lot, at least for the first few months. There are 3 canteens as well.
The faculty and professors are very knowledgeable and helpful. It is up to the students to extract the most from the professors. The course is packed with coding assignments with hard deadlines. The assignments are really mentally tiring however they do help you to learn a lot.
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Dance Room
- Laundry Services
- ATM Facility
- Yoga Hall
- stationery Shop
- Ranked 23rd among Top 100 Universities in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2016.
- National and International collaborations for student exchange and research.
- A premier research institution in India as per the recommendation provided by the US National Science Foundation.
- Accredited at Grade A by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) in Sept 2011.
- various alumina placed in top companies like McKinsey & Co, Microsoft, and Amazon.
International Institute of Information Technology, Near DLF Building, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.