Bangalore Institute of Technology is a private university in India. It was established in 1979. Therefore, it is one of the oldest universities in India. It is located in K R Puram, Bangalore. It is UGC approved. Also, Bangalore Institute of Technology is a member of the Association Of Indian Universities (AIU). It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. In addition, it ranked 73 for Private Engineering by The Week 2018.
Bangalore Institute of Technology abbreviated as BIT is a private engineering institute which is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. The institute offers degree programmes at various undergraduate and postgraduate levels that are majorly in Engineering and Technology. These programmes are offered in various engineering branches which include Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Industrial Engineering Management, Information Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Telecommunication Engineering.
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Science and Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
The ME/M TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Structural Engineering
- VLSI and Embedded System
- Computer Network Engineering
- Machine Design
- Computer Science Engineering
- Digital Electronics and Communication
- Manufacturing Science and Engineering
- Signal processing
The candidates seeking admission to the 4 years BE/BTech programmes offered at BIT need to pass 10+2 from a reorganized board with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as the compulsory subjects. The candidates need to possess a minimum of 45% marks in these subjects in order to make themselves eligible for admissions into their choice of courses offered at BIT.
The minimum pass percentage for Karnataka Backward Classes is 40% in the optional subjects in the qualifying examination.
Admissions to the 4 years BE/BTech programmes offered at BIT are accepted on the basis of the candidate’s KCET/COMED-K scores. A candidate seeking admission needs to secure a decent score in the qualifying examination in order to seek admission at BIT. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) to offer admissions to the interested candidates in various undergraduate as well as professional courses, offered by different colleges in the state of Karnataka.
The consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMED K) conducts a state-level entrance examination called COMEDK UGET (Undergraduate Entrance Test). The exam is conducted to offer admissions to the interested candidates in engineering and medical degree courses offered by the participating colleges/institutes.
The candidates seeking admissions to the courses offered at BIT can download the application forms from the institute’s official website. Then the candidates will be required to fill the complete application forms and send the same to the college address through post.
COMED-K / KCET Application Process
- The candidates can download the application form from the official website. They need to fill all the details asked in the Application form.
- We recommend that the candidate’s E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the Admission process is completed.
- An Email ID once used for Registration online cannot be used again.
- Details given at the time of registration cannot be edited later on in the application form.
- So please review all details entered at the time of registration before and then proceed with the submission.
- After successful registration, you will receive the User id and Password on your Mobile Number and Email id which is unique & system generated.
- Log in with your unique user id and password to complete the application process.
The cycle for admissions to the 4 years BE/BTech programmes offered at BIT admission begins with the application submission process of the qualifying examinations in the month of April and ends with the final counseling process. The classes for the new academic sessions usually commerce from the month of July or August.
The placement percentage is above 90% for all the branches. Companies like Accenture, Infosys, Robert Bosch, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, etc., visited the campus for placements. The stipend offered is Rs. 30,000 per month. The lowest salary package offered is 4 LPA. There is no chaos since the college has a well-furnished placement cell.
The infrastructure of this college is good for education and other purposes. The college has well-equipped laboratories, and the classrooms have good ventilation. Sports and cultural events are organized every year for the all-round development of students. It has a good hostel and library facilities as well.
The faculty members are very good. All faculty members are highly qualified and very helpful. They are always willing to help you out, and there are sufficient faculty members in each branch. The teaching methods of each faculty member are unique and very easy to understand. The course curriculum is very much useful.
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Rotract Club, TEDx and quiz club
- Seminar Hall
- Bangalore Institute of Technology has signed MOU’s with the myriad of industries such as TATA Technologies, Tech Labs, Lekha, Nishicon Infrastructures.
- Institute has a number of centers carrying out inter-disciplinary research and many collaborative programs exist between the college and other institutions, like IISc, N.A.L, etc.
- Bangalore Institute of Technology offers 9 UG, 10 PG and Ph.D. courses, central library with 90,000 textbooks, an INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY AND RESEARCH CENTER, auditorium, seminar hall, canteen, sports and hostels for boys & girls.
Bangalore Institute of Technology, K.R. ROAD, V V PURA.