Academy of Technology shortly abbreviated as AOT. It is a private college located in Hooghly, West Bengal. It was established in 2003. In addition, it is affiliated to MAKAUT (Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology).
The institute offers degree programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels majorly in the fields of Engineering & technology and IT & Software. These programmes are offered in various disciplines of engineering which include computer science engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, electronics and instrumentation engineering, information technology, and mechanical engineering.
Courses Offered In AOT
The BE/B TECH Courses offered by this college are:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
AOT Eligibility Criteria
- In addition to these, it is mandatory for the candidates to study physics, chemistry, and mathematics as compulsory subjects in order to pursue engineering & technology, architecture and science courses.
- In all the BTech courses students will be admitted on the basis of merit position in the Joint Entrance Examination of the State (WBJEE) and All India Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- 10% of students will be admitted under management quota as per directives of State Government.
- Diploma Holders in Engineering/ Technology on the basis of merit position in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry (JELET) are eligible for admission in the 3rd semester (2nd year) of BTech course to the maximum limit of 20% of the approved intake in each course.
- The general eligibility criteria for admissions to the undergraduate programmes offered at Academy of Technology states that the candidates need to score a minimum of 60% marks in the +2 exams, from a recognized state/central board.
- For the postgraduate programmes, the candidates need to complete their +2 and graduation from a recognized board/university with a minimum of 65%+ marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidate should satisfy the stipulated standard of physical fitness with good mental and physical health.
AOT Admission Process
Selection of the students will be made on the basis of the national level engineering entrance exams which include WBJEE/JEE Main. The eligibility criteria for appearing for WBJEE/JEE Mains and details about the exams can be obtained from their respective official websites. The college selection process for admission to the 4 year BTech programmes offered in the academy will be based on the scores obtained in the following qualifying examinations.
Joint Entrance Examination JEE Main is conducted to offer admissions to interested candidates in undergraduate engineering programmes at NITs (National Institutes of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs) located across the country. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB). The Common Entrance Examinations is conducted for admissions to the Undergraduate Level Engineering Courses in West Bengal.
The placement percentage of CSE department is 100%. As per the prospectus, it is 114% in the CSE department. Overall, the placement percentage is about 70%. The highest salary package offered was 9.4 LPA, the lowest offered was 3 LPA, and the average offered was 4 LPA. Last year, the placement percentage was 100% in the CSE department. Last year, the highest package offered was 7 LPA, the lowest offered was 3 LPA, and the average offered was 3.6 LPA.
A large number of companies visits the college at the start of the 7th semester. Most of the placements are done by TCS, Tata, Wipro, Godrej, Ambuja Cement, Oracle, and many more. Students get placed as a programmer, data analyst, and many other roles. All the students of the college have to do the internship. About 85% of the students completed their internship. College does not provide any stipend as we have to finance ourselves. The placement cell of the college is excellent and is one of the best in West Bengal.
The college is placed in the rural area and is spread over 10-acres. Overall, the infrastructure of the college is average. It has three main blocks including one computer lab block which has the Google innovation center and a digital library. Here, students can convey their ideas. The auditorium in the college is of world-class quality which can accommodate 350 members. Labs are good, but in classrooms, students face problems during the summer.
There are two libraries in the college, and they are good. Wi-Fi facility is provided in the college, but the speed is about 50 Kbps. The hostel in the college accommodate only fewer members, so most of the students have to reside in local hostels. Food quality is not up to the mark. You will start hating after two months of joining the hostel. The college has a well-equipped gym. Sports is limited to basketball, volleyball, and football.
The faculty members are very good. They are very helpful and highly qualified. Most of the teachers are PhD holders. They generally use blackboard and projectors for a better explanation of problems. There are many teachers in our mechanical engineering department.
Facilities In AOT
- Sports Complex
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- Seminar Halls
- ATM facility
AOT Special Attention
- It is a private engineering college.
- It is the fastest growing engineering college of West Bengal.
Grand Trunk Road, Adisaptagram, P.O Aedconagar, West Bengal – Other ( West Bengal).
156total visits,1visits today